Ivor Wynne Stadium just prior to demolition in the summer of 2012.
Ivor Wynne Stadium (originally Civic Stadium) was a Canadian football stadium located at the corner of Balsam and Beechwood Avenues, two blocks west of Gage Avenue North in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. The stadium was originally constructed in 1928 to host the 1930 British Empire Games, though playing fields had stood on the site since the city bought the land from a local farmer in 1913. The stadium, which at the time of closure seated 29,600 for football, was the home of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL from 1950 until the stadium's closure on 27 October 2012. The stadium is to be replaced by New Hamilton Stadium on the same property.